Law Offices of Charles A. Maglieri
Free Consultations

Do I need to complete new chapter 13 forms?

You might be confused regarding some of the recent changes in both the District of Connecticut and the federal chapter 13 bankruptcy procedures, most notably the revised forms. Your new document requirements are part of an ongoing initiative by the Advisory Committee on Bankruptcy Rules, a program which began in 2008 and, more recently, had a significant milestone in 2015 with a national overhaul of various forms. Once again, as of this December, this program might require you to complete new versions of previously completed forms.

First of all, if you are unsure as to whether you are applying for chapter 13 rather than another type of bankruptcy, here are a few of the reasons you might be doing so:

  • To save your home
  • To reduce interest payments
  • To stop creditor harassment

Even if you are involved with a different type of bankruptcy, the courts might require you to complete new forms.

The United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Connecticut Branch, issued some information outlining the changes in the paperwork you need to complete for bankruptcies.  As of December 1, 2017, you need the new versions of the forms: The courts no longer accept the older ones.

If you happen to submit an outdated form by mistake, there is still recourse. The court will likely issue a notice that gives you five days to complete the new paperwork. If you are unable to supply the correct paperwork in the time allowed, the court might start the process of dismissing your case. This information is not intended as legal advice, but rather to inform and educate you about current concerns in the bankruptcy courts. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Discuss Your Case With A
Respected Bankruptcy Attorney

Contact my office to discuss your debt relief needs directly with me as your lawyer. I offer a free initial consultation to all new clients where you can learn more about your legal options and what I can do to help you. I am available during regular business hours and by appointment at other times. You can reach me by phone at 860-242-0574 and 860-952-3674 or via email.

My law firm is a debt relief agency as so designated by Congress in the year 2005. I help people file for bankruptcy relief under Title 11 of the United States Code, known as the Bankruptcy Code.

Schedule A Free Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

Bloomfield Office
34 Jerome Avenue
Suite 316
Bloomfield, CT 06002

Phone: 860-952-3674
Phone: 860-242-0574
Fax: 860-243-0106
Map & Directions

Marlborough Office
9 Austin Road
Suite 201
Marlborough, Connecticut 06447

Phone: 860-952-3674
Fax: 860-243-0106
Map & Directions